Spoon Swirls gone Wrong My first attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bama

Reaction score
Okay I was so excited about trying a spoon swirl due to so many of you. This first one is Black Raspberry vanilla. I obviously swirled to thin a trace and the swirls just dissappeared into the batter or floated up.
005-11.jpg

Next I tried to do a spoon swirl with Harvest Moon FO and I was adding yellow swirls. Well the Fo cause a acceleration and I ended up glopping it in and I have a few air bubbles and the top turned brown. Crazy
001-13.jpg

I haven't given up but this may be the ugilist soap week end for me.

I made French Lavender and the ITP looks horrible with these colors.
004-11.jpg

Last but not least as it is the only one I like. My Cranberry Marmalade
003-14.jpg

I think they are all lovely. And the blackberry vanilla one is my favorite. I love the delicate wispy swirls! I always hate things I make that didnt turn out exactly the way I pictured it in my head, so I feel where you are at with these! But truly, these are beautiful!

I think the Black Raspberry Vanilla looks great. It may not be what you expected, but it's kind of cool.

Wow - I wish my "gone wrong" batches looked like that...

I may have to spoon swirl tomorrow...

You girls are mighty sweet. Thank you. I am going to try it again. Maybe Tues and see If I can do a little better job

I like the first and last ones. The delicate swirls are beautiful. They certainly dont look like fails to me. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Hey Nurse 75 YOur the one that got all this spoon swirling going here of late. Thank you and I will do it again. I def will not use Harvest Moon I hope the fragrance cures out better than I like it right now.
Don't use it if you need time swirl.

Wow! Your soaps are beautiful! Especially love Black Raspberry and Vanilla (one of my all time fav FO's) and French Lavender ... love the purple in the ITP swirl.

I think they are cool

I really like the yellow/white one especially. What is on top? It looks brown on top, and I love the effect with the lighter colors.

Hey there The color on they yellow one I don't know. It just turned brown on top

I agree with everyone else...these look great. The last one is probably my favorite too, but I love the colors in your french lavender.

Back