Spices vs FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebelshope

Reaction score
I found a pumpkin pie soap. It calls FO, which I am not really into. So I thought about just using pumpkin pie spices. Would that work? Would I still get a good scent?

i think you COULD but the amoutn of spices youd need to add would be very high. you can use spices for coloring quite effectively but the scents dont tend to carry through to the final stage of the soap (it may be sightly more detectable if you dont gel your soap?)

hope that helps ya!

I don't know how to gel. :cry:

I will be using a red palm oil. VERY orange result- so I don't need it for color. I may add some anyway to see the result. I guess I will go out to look for a pumpkin pie EO tomorrow :)

I do not think you will get scent from spices, just color.

You can add pumpkin puree to your soap recipe but I do not know if that would add any scent or not.

You won't get much scent carry-over, if any. When I first began soaping, I use quite a lot of cinnamon in a batch & there was no smell at all. Some spices like cinnamon, can be irritants.

Latest posts

Back