Speaking of "do-overs"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adi

Reaction score
I've never rebatched...reading about it just has seemed to be a lot of work. But I really don't want this batch of leather scented soaps to all be fringe benefits (especially since I have an order to fill of 50 bars). So...

All the information I've read say "add some water". My question is how much is "some"?

Is there a formula?

add just enough to moisten it bit by bit as needed along the way & I think adding goats milk is better than adding water.

How old is soap you are thinking of rebatching? If they are 2 weeks old shouldn't need add if like some of mine 6 months or older like 1-2 tablespoons liquid per pound rebatching soap.

I rebatched a couple of weeks ago (even after reading all the warnings against it!)
I had an 'over honeyed' soap so I mixed it with a light scented white soap and just added goats milk as a I went (a couple of tablespoons at a time when it seemed to 'dry out'), I actually added a fair bit but I also wanted to dull the colour and scent.

Seemed to work for me, it still needs to cure for a bit its quite soft but I'm still using it and its actually my fav.

Its a pretty uggly soap tho, to be expected I guess, but sometimes its whats on the inside that counts :wink:

Not to hijack the thread, but....

When rebatching scented soap, does the scent of the original soap remain in the rebatched soap? I have some nasty smelling soaps that I was thinking of rebatching, but if any scent comes through I don't wanna waste the time.

-Christine

photoshadows said:
Not to hijack the thread, but....

When rebatching scented soap, does the scent of the original soap remain in the rebatched soap? I have some nasty smelling soaps that I was thinking of rebatching, but if any scent comes through I don't wanna waste the time.

-Christine

Yep my ones did, they are still fairly heavily scented

Latest posts

Back