Sooo excited....My 1st and 2nd time

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balloons

Reaction score
I have looked , searched, read and read some more before finally jumping in and making 2 small batches of cp soap. I know that they aren't anything compared to what you all make...but I'm quite happy with them. Now I just have to wait for them to cure and then I can try them out. LOL...As soon as I got the blue bars cut my hubby volunteered to do the zap test! Thanks for looking!
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1428977442.376649.jpg

I think they look great especially for first soaps.:clap: I love that orange color, is that an oxide or mica?
We are all harder on ourselves than we should be. For some reason we can see the beauty in other people soaps but in our own we focus on the tiniest flaws.

Awwww....thanks everyone! For the colors I used oxide. I ordered sample packets from Amazon. Not sure which works best mica or oxide. I have just read so many different things.

I really like your colors! And the simple swirls are just as pretty as more complicated designs...Lovely :)

Awwww....thanks everyone! For the colors I used oxide. I ordered sample packets from Amazon. Not sure which works best mica or oxide. I have just read so many different things.

Really beautiful colors :) As to which is better, it's completely personal choice. Some people like the more "natural" choice of oxides while other like the bright colors of micas. Just keep in mind that not all are soap stable. Some will morph due to the high pH. Sometimes that will work in your favor, and sometimes that beautiful purple will turn grey..

I'm ok if my soaps morph into a different color. I I definitely will have to order some Micas soon to try out.

Lovely colours and swirl on top. They look amazing for your first soaps! You must be so pleased.

These look lovely! The next bit of excitement comes when you get to try using them!

Latest posts

Back