soaps by Jove

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jove

Reaction score
I got bit by the soap bug on the weekend. Now my wife and I are obsessed. Our efforts are modest -- let's say rustic -- but it's so much fun.

A swirl that didn't really...swirl:
20120605082143.jpg

Another non-swirl. But I love autumn colours, so this looks good to me:
20120605081427.jpg

Mocha soap! Made with cocoa and instant coffee:
20120603213112.jpg

These look like lemon meringue, but really they're a rebatch gone wrong! They're whipped on top (big oops), solid on the bottom...we'll see how they turn out.
20120605162706.jpg

Welcome to the crazy world of soap making! All your soaps look great! I love the green/blue one! Pretty! :)

Nice soaps!!
They all look very good.

What fats and oils did you use?
Did it “set” quite quickly after tracing and adding scent?

I find swirling and colouring frustrating I always seem to run out of time after tracing starts.

Thanks guys. Yeah, they did set quickly. I read that thin trace is better for swirling, we'll give that a try.

I made up the recipes on SoapCalc. We use a lot of beef tallow because we like to render it ourselves. These batches had castor oil, coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil and tallow.

Gorgeous soaps.

Yep swirling is much easier at a thing trace, or with soaping at lower temps, or with fragrances that don't seize. :)

Thanks again everyone! People here are so kind and encouraging to newbies :D

Back