soapmaker 3 software

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nancy326

Reaction score
Hi - Can anyone give me their opinion on soapmaker 3 software? I'm new to pricing so I'm not sure what to do. Thank you.

It's pricey, but I LOVE it. I suppose most people buy it after soaping a long time, but I bought it right off the bat to help me keep track of the money I was putting into the hobby.

I love how I can save my recipes, compare recipe properties (hard bar, fluffy lather, moisturizing, etc.) on the graph, track inventory, and even run reports to see where I spend.

It tells me the actual cost of a batch, and the actual cost of each bar of soap (depending on your soap size, of course.) It lets you add in everything from colorants, EOs & FOs, and any other additive you can think of. It also lets you add in the cost of your packaging. All of this together lets you know your actual materials cost...minus time & labor. But that's easy to estimate, IMO.

Can a free spreadsheet help you do all this? Sure. But I'm excel illiterate, and this software let me do everything with little to no learning curve or stress.

OH I also liked that I could enter the dimensions of my log mold, and the software now allows me to resize soap recipes to fit my mold.

It lets you record sales, print sales invoices, and helps you track earnings and taxes. I imagine that would be handy come tax time.

There are a ton of little features...the website sells it pretty well.

It is an EXCELLENT program, well worth the money.. its basically quickbooks for crafters. you can use it for lotions, liquid soaps, heck..anything you can create a recipe for... its awesome!

Back