Soaping so far

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonCreature

Reaction score
I wanted to show you the soaps I've made so far, or at least the ones I still have something left of. Hopefully there are many more to come in the future.

My first soap ever. A simple white bar with lemon EO as fragrance.
IMG_4779_1_zps07d98a2f.jpg

My second batch, a sheep tallow soap (I just couldn't watch all the sheep fat being thrown away after we butchered some sheep). It reached partial gel. I had not heard of superfatting after reaching trace so instead of adding a nice vegetable oil after trace I added all the oils from the start. Because of this part of the tallow is unsaponified so the soap smells like sheep and went ransid.
IMG_4774_1_zps49dac8db.jpg

Oatmeal, milk and honey. Funny how the one that should be the most difficult is the one that I succeeded to make without any problems.
IMG_4778_1_zps4f1ba164.jpg

My first attempt at in the pot swirling. Did the swirls with nettle infused olive oil to get the green and active charcoal to get the black/grey. This one turned out a bit crumbly and got soda ash.
IMG_4772_1_zpsabea0f2e.jpg

those are all lovely. You did a great job. I love the plain white one. It has a simple beauty. I never make white soap, but now I think I must!

The oatmeal, milk and honey is so cute. They all are nice! Even if you see a crumbly texture in your pot swirled soaps they still came out pretty.

Thank you for your kind words! Here is a face soap I made today. I found the instructions for making the yin-yang on youtube by soaping101 and couldn't resist. The black part is colored with charcoal and the lighter has some titanium dioxide in it (that wasn't quite blended in so it caused some spots). The liner also wrinkled a bit but it doesn't bother me that much since these are only for personal use.

IMG_4784_1_zps18f7c219.jpg

Great job! I have seen discussions on the Soaping101 fb page and pics of people doing this. Yours turned out great! What did you choose for your liner/divider? It seems different people use different things.

Great job! I have seen discussions on the Soaping101 fb page and pics of people doing this. Yours turned out great! What did you choose for your liner/divider? It seems different people use different things.
I lined the mold with baking parchment and used copy paper as the divider, the mold was small so it was sturdy enough. With a bigger mold I would probably use a thicker paper as a divider.

Beautiful soaps MoonCreature, you should be really proud. I was just thinking that I would love to do a ying and yang soap so I must look up that soaping 101. Well done you:smile:

Beautiful!!

FYI adding an additional oil at trace doesn't guarantee that that's the fat that the lye will leave uneaten. Just add all of your oils at once. Lye eats what it will.

I found the instructions for making the yin-yang on youtube by soaping101 and couldn't resist.

I saw this tutorial and loved it too. I think yours turned out more balanced between the two colors than some of hers did. Great job! What fragrance(s) did you use?

Latest posts

Back