Soapiing Books

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflybrat

Reaction score
I've been making soap for a couple of months now and all I have are various links and notes here and there.

I would like to buy a couple of books about soapmaking. Any suggestions?

I've started with CP and then RTCP by way of whipped soap and now doing CPOP. I have also tried my hand in rebatching.

Well this is my 2 cents. I used my library to figure out what i wanted and than I was able to get the books I wanted without a lot of well i wish i didn't waste my money on this one.

Would love to go to a library, unfortunately, I live in a town wherein you need a car to get around (I don't drive. T_T ) and bus service is pretty crappy.

Will hanker my li'l brother to drive me to the library next weekend. Thanks for the help! It's greatly appreciated. Happy New Year!

2nd vote for library! Theres no rush, you already have the idea and have tried your hand at it, just get to the library when you can and go through them then :)

I've got a couple of books but quite honestly, I never look at them any more. I get far more info from this forum and other internet sites. :wink:

This one will be my next purchase.

I already have Anne L. Watsons soap book. It is okay and I did learn some things that I hadn't seen on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have Anne L. Watson's Smart Soapmaking which has been very helpful. She includes sources for supplies and more in depth research material.

They have no books in my library about soap making, I am in the process on ordering some from Amazon but I can not choose wich ones to buy, I thin Smart soapmaking is good but maybe the internet is the best way to learn, I have about 200 threads and articles bookmarked so I have easy access to what I want to read "again" I am also in the process of reading all the threads on this forum again, it has a great deal of valuable information on what to avoid and what to be careful about when making our awesome soaps.

Kveðja
María

i did some quick research and there are a bunch of ebooks aval. Most of them are pricey but Google will give you a bunch of options. HTH

Adema said:
They have no books in my library about soap making, I am in the process on ordering some from Amazon but I can not choose wich ones to buy, I thin Smart soapmaking is good but maybe the internet is the best way to learn, I have about 200 threads and articles bookmarked so I have easy access to what I want to read "again" I am also in the process of reading all the threads on this forum again, it has a great deal of valuable information on what to avoid and what to be careful about when making our awesome soaps.

Kveðja
María

We're about the same. lol! I have so many websites and threads bookmarked! lol!

MidwestSoaper said:
I also have Anne L. Watson's Smart Soapmaking which has been very helpful. She includes sources for supplies and more in depth research material.

I was going through Amazon and found this book too. I'll see if they have it in the library and then maybe I'll buy it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back