Soapers choice 50 lb coconut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miggymoo

Reaction score
So I bought the 50 pound bucket of coconut oil from diapers choice. How in the world do I get the lid off?

I struggle with those lids too. Whenever I get a new one in I have my husband open them.

It's quite frustrating! I have one more to to open.. Hopefully it goes easier!

They care them in the paint department at Home Depot, too. Around 5-10 dollars, but I'm thinking it was cheaper. I almost picked one up the other day for the paint buckets, they kill my fingers!

pliers and/or screwdriver is the way I do it. I've found it helps if you throw in random cuss words while you're prying around on the lid ;)

I used to work in a deli and we had pickle buckets like that. If you put 1 knee on the middle of the lid and put your weight on it, the lid comes off alot easier.

They do have a special opener on sc but it is 10.00. I use a screwdriver and pliers and lots of muscle.
Its called a pail opener.

Use a carpet knife and a mallet or hammer to slice down through the slits. Stick the knife through then tap it downward to slice. Then use a bucket wrench to pry it off.

If you don't do the slits (which may look like indentations) it'll be a bear to get off.

Back