Soap with plant extract

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teoangelia

Reaction score
I plan use prepare soap using plant extract. But during the sample extraction, methanol will be added. What is the best way to remove methanol? how to make sure that methanol are removed from the extract?

I plan to use herb. I just want to make the normal soap for hand washing. according to my finding, the solvent which can use is methanol..But I understand methanol hardly removed by heat. and the solvent will be harmful to skin.

Are you using a bought-in tincture? (Tinctures are plant extracts infused in alcohol - methanol is a type of alcohol). If possible, I would elave the tictures on the shelf and pick your own herbs to use. You can then either infuse them in water and use that as your liquid portion in the CP soap, or infuse the dried herb in oil and use that as one of you saponifying ingredients.

I have fresh herbs. I plan to dry it and according to protocol i need to use methanol to insolate the useful compound in herb which maybe have the anti-bacterial 's functions. Some journal do mentioned that using distill water, but the product might not have anti-bacterial's functions.

Latest posts

Back