Quantcast

Soap sweating zappy liquid

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Sonya-m

Reaction score
My Ebru soap is sweating and the liquid is zappy.

I poured at light trace to give me time to work. Do I not worry and just hope it absorbs back in?

not_ally

Reaction score
I tend to pour at light-medium trace and have occasionally had the soap sweat. It does tend to be more tingly - usually not a full on zap, but I can tell the lye is more active than usual, at least in the exudate - but has always absorbed back in with time.

Dorymae

Reaction score
No need to worry. If it is still sweating and zappy after a week or so I still would just let it cure. Honestly time cures this ailment, you do have to be patient but (for me) rebatching is truly a last resort. It never comes out quite as nice and takes too much time. Unless I suspect I made a mistake in calculating,(Ie. Used a much larger amount of lye than intended) I just let it be.

lionprincess00

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that once. Reabsorbed and stopped zapping. It gave me a good sting too! Let it settle and I'm betting it'll be fine.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just one other person reassuring you! I've had that happen as well and the soap was perfectly fine within a couple days.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I figured time and patience was the answer just wanted it confirmed

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to my ebru challenge soap b/c I used a lot of water. I think that contributes to it. It took 4 days to harden enough to get it out of the mold.