Soap storage

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspann

Reaction score
I am trying to get soap made for several upcoming shows, festivals, and fairs. What is the best way to store them after their cure time. I know I don't need to seal them off. Just wondering what other more experienced soapers do.

After cure and once they are wrapped and labeled. I either put them in Baseball Card storage boxes or Raspberry Boxes I get from Costco. Both work well. The raspberry boxes stack nicely and still allow air to circulate.

The box hubbys boots came in, with bits of junkmail to separate the types.

Plastic shoe boxes. I have my DH drill holes in them for air circulation.

I found cardboard baseball or trading card storage boxes made from a nice heavy cardboard that won't bend with weight, and that fit soap perfectly and will hold 2-4lbs of finished bars depending on which size you get. Plain white on the outside, so they are easy to label and I like how solidly they stack.

I like to use printer paper boxes. I cut them down to the size of my soap. They are something I can access easily. Use these suggestions and think about what you have around you

I use any cardboard box that fits the bill. I order so many supplies that I am always getting a shipment. I am the UPS man's worst nightmare.

my soaps are wrapped in cling wrap once cured. label and everything done, they are then taken from the curing rack and placed in whatever box i can find, shoe, cardboard, whatever. wrapping each soap in cling wrap is time consuming, but i like to keep them clean, and keep the scent in.

Back