Soap smells like rubbing alcohol

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Kandacee

Reaction score
Hi.
I’m doing melt and pour and I spray with alcohol between layers and also to add to mica. But my soap smells like alcohol afterwards

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The smell of alcohol will probably dissipate.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Kandacee- I just answered your post in the other (older) thread from 2019. I don't know if you saw it or not. so I'll re-post my answer here:

You don't need to use alcohol to make a mica slurry for melt & pour soap. If you are bothered by the smell of alcohol, you can use glycerin or oil instead, as this video from WSP shows:

As for the alcohol sprayed between layers, how much do you use? I only ever use one small spritz from a fine sprayer and have never had it leave an alcohol smell behind once the soap is set up.

IrishLass :)

Kandacee

Reaction score
Hi Kandacee- I just answered your post in the other (older) thread from 2019. I don't know if you saw it or not. so I'll re-post my answer here:

You don't need to use alcohol to make a mica slurry for melt & pour soap. If you are bothered by the smell of alcohol, you can use glycerin or oil instead, as this video from WSP shows:

As for the alcohol sprayed between layers, how much do you use? I only ever use one small spritz from a fine sprayer and have never had it leave an alcohol smell behind once the soap is set up.

IrishLass :)
Thanks for your response. I use about 3-4 spritz

Latest posts