Soap pics!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, since it seems kind of a fun thread, I'll post some fun soaps. (These are CP soap)

How about some cupcakes! Or lemon meringue pie?

cupcake.jpg

lemon.jpg

WOW DORYMAYE!

My first attempt trying an "In the pot swirl" I made these last week. Unfortunately, the last pic of the purple soap I learned that you can't just hand mix titanium dioxide.

IMG_5184.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5125.jpg

Last edited:
you know what, we should have a thread dedicated to the misbehaving soaps (like in another forum). the great ones are all in the photo gallery, but what about the ugly ones? it would serve as a troubleshooting thread too.

okay, since most of mine is already in the gallery, i would post my fugly ones:

early batches. wanted to do too much, yet didn't read around properly. thought i knew it all *sigh*. ditched the sieve and decided to do the pencil line by hand instead coz it was quicker! (please do not do this)

evidence speak for themselves!

on the 2nd pic, did you see how thick the coffee pencil line was? LOL! it was practically 1/2 cm or something.

yuck2.jpg

yuck3.jpg

yuck1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh the lessons we will learn. I have yet to try a pencil line so I am grateful for your experience. :)

I think I threw out my worse batches before taking pictures, but here is a before and after when I realized I used too much fragrance... Ugliest rebatch ever.

1405831691178.jpg

1405831830036.jpg

Dorymae - They look scary yummy, lol. Now I want a midnight snack....

Seven - Thank you for posting those! It reminds us what can happen if we do the line too thick. Bummer too as those are amazing looking. I can only imagine how you felt after devoting all the time and thought into it. :sad:

Jules - Not the ugliest rebatch ever, the most rustic! I like it. :smile:

Jaccart - You're not alone with TD. For the life of me I can't get it right - in oil, in water, using a frother, letting it sit overnight. I think I may just give it up and live with less white soap, lol!

Here are few I have curing. Carrot and Ginger with a good pencil line, Fresh Snow with a bad pencil line and Bayberry with a hangar.

Pencil Lines & Hangar.jpg

Last edited:
I like seven's idea about the thread for the misbehaving and fugly soaps. Would be a great troubleshooting and learning thread, especially for new soap makers. Soap slip-ups, fragrance fails, color catastrophes. A misfits forum where all the bad soaps go, lol!

Seven, that lavender soap is probably the best one I've seen. Really the swirls are so delicate and that stamp is awesome - and you added mica! It just all goes together so beautifully and it LOOKS like lavender soap! I would buy that soap, and that is saying something since I haven't bought any soap in years!!

Really a fantastic job!

(I do like the tart as well, its just that lavender stole the show!!)

Seriously seven, beautiful lavender. Gorgeous! What is the name of that swirl? I am in a swirl learning zone... ;)

And the tart is adorable too!

Last edited:
thanks guys :) i'm really liking the lavender too. i think i'm going to make it a permanent design.

the swirl is just an ordinary spoon swirl. like this one here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3R14Mdix8E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3R14Mdix8E[/ame]

you can totally control the thickness of the layers by using much or less. as you can see from my soap and the one on the video above, we were using the same technique, but the end result is different.

Back