Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niecee

Reaction score
Hi I'm fairly new to soap making but I finally decided to try my hand in soap cupcakes and frosting. So guidance is needed lol. Question what is a good starter recipe for the frosting do I use my regular base recipe, do I add more butters? Most importantly do I avoid gel phase and pop it in the freezer? Help is appreciated 🙏👍👍👍

I use 1.5 times my regular batch, and pour off the extra for frosting. Mix in colors and just leave it until you're done with the batch. It may take a while to set up enough to pipe. I don't gel my high tops. I just leave it under a box and let it go. I have had tiny glycerin rivers where the frosting meets the base soap but they are never that noticeable.

Use your regular recipe for the icing and just let it thicken a little. After pouring the base in your mould, put your 'icing' in the piping bag and then just pipe directly on top. I always put my soap in frig after making, I do that with all my soaps.

Thanks for the advice I'll give it a try I may have to put it in the freezer, I'm in the Caribbean so it's always hot lol

Latest posts

Back