SOAP FREE? I think not!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrissyB

Reaction score
When I was in the chemist waiting in line the other day, something caught my eye.
It was a product labelled as a "soap free bar", but when I read the ingredients it was all the usuals: sodium cocoate, sodium palmate,sodium palm kernelate,sodium tallowate,titanium dioxide,fragrance.
How can they get away as labelling this product as soap free?
It was being marketed for people with excema and skin conditions like that.

That's why it's probably still sitting on the shelf! It's shameful what people/companies will try to pass off on the uneducated individual.

Most people (and I know that I was certainly one of them) don't even read labels. I read all my labels on everything now, takes me 4 hours to go grocery shopping!
I just thought it was so wrong labelling something as soap free, and then you read the ingredients, and it is so obviously soap.
I think I should write to the company and challenge them, but there is definitely a few different brands on the market claiming the same thing.
They don't put it on the same shelves as the regular soap, it's more with skin creams, and sensitive skin products.

Chrissy - not only challenge the company but challenge them publicly through the media. Help educate people so they won't be so easily fooled!

Cheers
Lindy

OH Lindy that is a great idea, but I am the one family member that hides at Christmas when the camera comes out...I hate photos of myself, let alone be on a tv!!!
It's just the audacity of it that gets me....these companies think that we are all dumbass's!!

So email the TV station or newspaper. Tell them you are too shy to actually have to be on camera and then give them the information verbally. Direct them where they can do their research and then you can avoid those nasty, mean ol' camera thing-a-ma-bobbies..... :?

ChrissyB said:
Most people (and I know that I was certainly one of them) don't even read labels.
For B&B, I don't. I'm one of those people who shove every bar up my nostrils and buy the ones that smell purdy. I know, I know............

Digit

Back