Soap Dipping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? I've been looking at some videos and the results are interesting and beautiful.
Sadly the design would be gone after the soap is used for a while since it's only on the surface, but lovely while it lasts.

1709174341457.png

@katili That's beautiful! I love the color combo and the texturing you got.

Can you tell me about how much soap batter you would need to deep 10 bars or so?
Thank you :)

It took less soap batter than I thought it would. I was using leftover from another batch of soap I mixed up (I made a bigger batch and just used a smaller mold) so I don't have great notes about how much I had left, but I would guess I had roughly 18oz of extra batter, and then I made 3 circle soaps in a Brambleberry mold with the leftovers after dipping my soaps. I had 4 3x3" bars that I dipped.

Those are beautiful, @Vicki C !
I'm guessing you used neons to get those striking colors?
Thanks! I mixed in some neons with other colors. The soap was meant to look like northern lights. I’m not usually a neon soap lover but it suited the design. I was recognized for “best technique” for this soap. 🥰 (Me to husband: “I won a thing!” Husband: “Good, honey.”)

Thanks! I mixed in some neons with other colors. The soap was meant to look like northern lights. I’m not usually a neon soap lover but it suited the design. I was recognized for “best technique” for this soap. 🥰 (Me to husband: “I won a thing!” Husband: “Good, honey.”)
"Northern lights" was my first thought. Nice work!

After @dibbles mentioned it I looked at the Soap Challenge Club site. I really thought yours should have gotten top prize @Vicki C. I didn't even realize it was your entry either. So, so gorgeous!
I am definitely going to try this. Where do you purchase your neons, @Vicki C ?
You’re so kind! I got them from Mad Micas. I got the set but hadn’t used them other than trying them out.

Translation: Oh, thank goodness she has someone to talk to about SOAP!! 😂
More like - Me: “blah blah blah blah soap blah blah” Husband: “Good honey”

You “nailed” it1 I looked at your soap, turned my iPad to my husband and said, “Doesn’t this look exactly like the Northern Lights”? Beautiful!!

Back