SMF July 2023 Challenge: More Fun with Color: Pick a Side!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am dying to join but there are products I must restock for home, and some things to ship out to some folks (two of you here on SMF, and another is a birthday gift for a friend who requested some of the lavender tallow lotion).

If there is still time after all that is done to get something into the mold, cut, and posted before we leave on vacation July 25, I will definitely sign up. 🤪

1. Scentimentally Yours - 🦚🏔️🌊🦋🫐 so many possibilities!!!
2. dmcgee5034 - sounds like a one side wonderful challenge 🌸
3. McKherring Farm
4. Linne1gi- I haven’t done a challenge in a while, this one looks like fun!
5. Tammyfarms
6. Vicki C. Ooooo I have an idea… 😍 now just have to execute!
7. CLMP whahoo working with colors again!
8. Ford

3. McKherring Farm
5. Tammyfarms
8. Ford
9. 2lilboots

SIGN-UP LIST:
Please copy & paste the list below into a new post. Then add your name along with the next appropriate number:

3. McKherring Farm
5. Tammyfarms
8. Ford
9. 2lilboots

I wish I could just join in but I've got a ton of soapy endeavors that need completed on the business end. I have restocks and fall soaps to complete before a big weekend market in early September. I'll see about doing a fall soap remake that fits the requirements, but won't sign up unless I manage to get it done before the close date.

I wish I could just join in but I've got a ton of soapy endeavors that need completed on the business end. I have restocks and fall soaps to complete before a big weekend market in early September. I'll see about doing a fall soap remake that fits the requirements, but won't sign up unless I manage to get it done before the close date.
I totally get that, but just in case - here’s some fall inspiration from Pinterest!

IMG_9979.jpeg
By Jennifer G.

I really like this one as a way to use a discoloring FO.

I would love to be playing along this month. Where is everybody?? I will need more soap pictures to ogle!
@dibbles I've be been gone and going at it steady (making soap) lol practicing my swirling for a couple days now and about to start another one lol😄. Everyone in my house was gone to Vancouver for a couple days and I was like YES now I can soap in ☮️ pease! Lol when ever I try to soap everyone bugs me till I pull out the Lye lol I made everyone think this stuff is so dangerous that I could blow up the house up just to make sure they don't bug me and it works they bug bug bug till I pull out the lye and then they all disappear lol 😂. So I will post some pics a little later on my gallery for everybody, just waiting to cut another loaf at 3:30.

SIGN-UP LIST:
Please copy & paste the list below into a new post. Then add your name along with the next appropriate number:

3. McKherring Farm
5. Tammyfarms
8. Ford
9. 2lilboots
10. basti - okay, fine, twist my arm why dontcha 🤣

3. McKherring Farm
5. Tammyfarms
8. Karen Law - this would be my first challenge bc last month I missed the deadline, I’m new at finding the proper threads 😬

SIGN-UP LIST:

3. McKherring Farm
5. Tammyfarms
8. Ford
9. 2lilboots
11. Karen Law - this would be my first challenge bc last month I missed the deadline, I’m new at finding the proper threads 😬

@klaw2 You somehow copied a slightly older sign-up list which is why I reposted. Welcome to your first challenge! If you have any questions along the way, feel free to post them in this thread.

Following up on @ScentimentallyYours comment "Learning and pushing creativity in new directions is what the SMF Challenge is all about, isn’t it!" Yes, it is!

@klaw2 I sometimes have trouble finding the challenge threads, especially when the forum is busy and many new threads are posted. My best tip for finding new challenge threads, which will usually be posted very early in the month, is to enter "challenge" +the month +the year in the search box.

I don't know how many posts I have. I want to become a supporting member, but don't do PayPal.
I would love to sign up, if able?

I don't know how many posts I have. I want to become a supporting member, but don't do PayPal.
I would love to sign up, if able?
Under your avatar on the left side of your posts you will see the number of messages. This is your post count and it looks like you have 50 :D
Contact one of the admins if you need help with forum membership.

ETA: for clarity I should have said you have 50 posts, which means you met the requirements for next month. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
@klaw2 I sometimes have trouble finding the challenge threads, especially when the forum is busy and many new threads are posted. My best tip for finding new challenge threads, which will usually be posted very early in the month, is to enter "challenge" +the month +the year in the search box.
Thank you so much for the help! I will hopefully be able to submit my soap successfully 😊

SIGN-UP LIST:

1. Scentimentally Yours - 🦚🏔️🌊🦋🫐so many possibilities!!!
3. McKherring Farm
5. Tammyfarms
8. Ford
9. 2lilboots
11. Karen Law - this would be my first challenge bc last month I missed the deadline, I’m new at finding the proper threads 😬
12. Georgeandstella I’m in :)

Back