SMF August Challenge -Rock and Gem Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo hooo! I really admire all the entries for this month's challenge -- nice work!!!!!!!

Toxikon
the colours of your soap are really beautiful. Care to share what they are?
Thank you! As I mentioned earlier, I was really worried because it turned swamp green when I added the lye! So I'm very pleased they returned to the colour I intended.

I mixed a few different micas from my big collection of baggies. A few from WSP and Nurture. Lets see...

From Nurture: Lime Appeal, Tropical Teal
From WSP: Carribean Blue, Mermaid Blue

I can't give exact amounts unfortunately, I was just adding dashes here and there until I got a nice shade.

Then I separated the batch and added TD for the turquoise part and AC for the dark blue part.

So now I've got rocks on the brain. :) Played with the soap dough I made, and wound up with this:

soapdough3-1632.jpg

Thank you! As I mentioned earlier, I was really worried because it turned swamp green when I added the lye! So I'm very pleased they returned to the colour I intended.

I mixed a few different micas from my big collection of baggies. A few from WSP and Nurture. Lets see...

From Nurture: Lime Appeal, Tropical Teal
From WSP: Carribean Blue, Mermaid Blue

I can't give exact amounts unfortunately, I was just adding dashes here and there until I got a nice shade.

Then I separated the batch and added TD for the turquoise part and AC for the dark blue part.

So many people do the dash here and dash there - I think it is innate artistic talent. Beautiful result. But will you be able to reproduce it again?

Everyone, I'm so sorry about this. I thought I had the survey finally ready and I started sending the emails out and it didn't even save! :headbanging: That's never happened to me. I'll get a chance to fix it in about four hours, but I don't have time right now. I'm really so sorry about this. I'll have it ready within 4 hours or so.

Thanks again for all of your beautiful entries and your understanding with my timing and technical issues.

The survey has been correctly fixed. The same link/password that I emailed before will now work correctly. I'll finish sending everyone the link and password now. I'll edit this post when I finish so if you don't receive a pm by the time I edit this, please pm me about it.

Edit 4:49 pm CST: All pms have been sent. Please check your boxes.

Voting will close tomorrow at 9 pm CST (28 hours from now). I will announce the winners within that hour.

Thank you again for all of your patience.

The survey has been correctly fixed. The same link/password that I emailed before will now work correctly. I'll finish sending everyone the link and password now. I'll edit this post when I finish so if you don't receive a pm by the time I edit this, please pm me about it.

Edit 4:49 pm CST: All pms have been sent. Please check your boxes.

Voting will close tomorrow at 9 pm CST (28 hours from now). I will announce the winners within that hour.

Thank you again for all of your patience.

No worries at all, galaxy. Life happens. :)

My youngest is 17, and my oldest will be 31 in November! :shock:

When I had my "baby", (I still call him that). My dad made fun of me and called me grandma :evil:

Me too! - ages - (not to hijack the thread)

P.S. - Where can I see the gorgeous soaps y'all made?

Ok, everyone has voted!!

The winners for this month are still a tie so I'm going to go with it!

Tied for first place:

Earlene with the rhodochrosite soap!

Penelopejane with the river rock soap!

And in a very, very close third place:
Kittish with the Blue Lace Agate!

Congratulations! You all did an incredible job with this challenge! Thank you again for participating in the soap making forum August challenge!

Back