SMF April 2021 Challenge - Lollipop Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first thought: "ohhhh, dreamy"
ETA: Nice save, btw. I didn't have your foresight on my attempt and I just have a pair of weird eyeballs looking at me. I will definitely swirl if my next attempt goes so obviously wrong!
That's what I was afraid of! 😂 At least it's pretty even if it's not what I had in mind.

A few bars survived... I wasn’t sure if any would. Although they are seeping FO.... smells wonderful!
1EA97160-592E-433F-958B-1272F0070A63.jpeg

Please copy & Paste, add your name along with the next appropriate number.)

1. earlene - I have a few days before surgery, it will probably be my last soap for at least 6-8 weeks
2. dibbles - This will be super fun or very 'exciting' - I'm in
3.Vicki C. - My last day of work is today! Yippee! Soap studio here I come...
4. Tara_H - this is on my bucket list, I'm so in!
5. KimW - Found and fell in love with this about the time I found SMF. Now I have a reason to finally try it!
6. Jersey Girl- Yes, yes, yes! Been wanting to try this!
7. peachymoon - I’m back! And I’m in! :D
8. amd - maybe I can pop a soap for fun into my to do list this month
9. glendam - I have been thinking of trying this technique, good timing!
10. Anstarx - I've been wanting to try this technique for a while. This can be just my push!
11. bookreader451 - I will try to get it in on time this month!
12. ResolvableOwl - Screw it. Cross-over escalation time!
13. Corsara - I'm going to sign up quick before I get cold feet and convince myself I can't do it!
14. Phoenix - This will be fun!
15. linne1gi - Love this challenge - definitely challenging!
16. Peachy Clean Soap's - I'm in how fun, 1st try @ this design. Am I The Caboose.? 🤣🤗
17. Violets2217- I done ADULTING this week, so I’m gonna make some soap!😳🤔
18. Maxine289 - looking forward to trying this.

I'm gonna start practice this Lollipop Swirl' I need to purchase Pringles Chips For The Soap Mold. Strange how I see Pringles everywhere but when I need them cant find them. Not one of my favorite Potato Chips' I'm more of a Kettle BBQ Chip Lover, I can eat almost the entire bag in one setting! 🤣😂💫. Make it a great Day & Weekend Friends. Happy Soaping 🧼🤗

When using a pringles can, beside Vaseline or mineral oil. How do you get The soap to release?
You could probably try lining it with freezer paper.
I use freezer paper. I've never been able to reuse a Pringles can, though, and I've seen people use them unlined and just tear the can to get to the soap. I haven't tried that.

I line my Pringle can with freezer paper to and have reused. But sometimes... like when it overheats and falls over in the oven... I have to tear it off the soap. I alway line though because the lining of the can made me wonder how it would react to soap batter...
So I was feeling creative and decided to make some PVC molds. Went to Home Depot and spent about $45 dollars and made 4 molds. Now I need to decide /research if I want to line them or just pop them in the freeze before un-molding...
image.jpg

*see the note my some made to check the oven before use, mine was not effective enough he said!

You must be a neater soap maker than I am. I always manage to make enough of a mess that the cans are impossible to salvage. Good luck with the PVC molds - they look good!
I’m usually a very messy soaper.. but my round soaps were mostly plane Jane and just pour and go. I was actually pretty surprised how neatly I pour my first 2 lollipop swirls. 😜🤪😳

Latest posts

Back