SMF April 2021 Challenge - Lollipop Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I first was disappointed since one could see literally nothing of the swirl, but during cure, the uncoloured parts became moretranslucent, and now it's become quite pretty šŸ¤— but still only for those who take the time to look closely šŸ§
Not sure which white pigments are well-suited for this. TD is, but zinc white not so much. Kaolin clay, diatomaceous earth, white mica etc. might be worth a try too. And a lard/coconut/HO sunflower recipe? (I somehow dislike the slight tan that palm oil brings)

ETA shine-through photo of a slice (about 6 mm thick).
lollipop_ghost_shining_through.jpg
Strong ā€œpinwheelingā€, skewed shape etc. Definitely not my favourite lollipop pour; I think it was a good decision to not slice it up further, but give the vertical cut a chance.

I first was disappointed since one could see literally nothing of the swirl, but during cure, the uncoloured parts became moretranslucent, and now it's become quite pretty šŸ¤— but still only for those who take the time to look closely šŸ§
Not sure which white pigments are well-suited for this. TD is, but zinc white not so much. Kaolin clay, diatomaceous earth, white mica etc. might be worth a try too. And a lard/coconut/HO sunflower recipe? (I somehow dislike the slight tan that palm oil brings)

ETA shine-through photo of a slice (about 6 mm thick).
View attachment 57801
Strong ā€œpinwheelingā€, skewed shape etc. Definitely not my favourite lollipop pour; I think it was a good decision to not slice it up further, but give the vertical cut a chance.
Nice' I can see the swirl šŸ™ŒšŸ¼

Back