SMF April 2018 (Sous Vide Soap swirl) Challenge Entry Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was an interesting challenge, and I'm glad I participated. I had developed a mild dislike of the hot-process method based on the few batches I'd done over the years. During the challenge, I learned HP doesn't have to result in homely, swaybacked, overly soft bars. I also enjoyed how the challenge created a collaboration of like-minded soapers who ironed out some of the kinks in this method. I don't think I will make HP my specialty, but I'm more willing to consider making soap this way. I also wonder if the sous vide method could be useful for making liquid soap paste, so it's on my to-do list to try that.

I especially like how Serene's swirl turned out -- if I didn't know it was HP, I never would have guessed it. Kudos to you!

Thank you, for the challenge, SaltedFig. Congratulations to all who tried this method as it certainly was a challenge. Serene and DeeAnna your entry soaps came out so lovely. I am honored to be in your company.

DeeAnna, I look forward to your report on how this works for LS.

Congrats! Pending more testing, this is going to be my new go to method for small batches multiple times in one cook :). Everyone did wonderfully! Whoooo!

Back