Simple question on MP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dixie

Reaction score
I know practically nothing about MP soapl. A friend wanted me to make her some bars. Can someone tell me how soon they need to be wrapped?

Some people wrap immediately, but I have harder, longer-lasting bars and no sweating if I leave them sit in a dry place for at least a few days before wrapping.

I have some bars that have been on a shelf in my bathroom for almost a year unwrapped and they are fine.

I've never had a problem with 'sweating' using WSP's 'creamy goat's milk' and 'white probase.' Their natural MP is nice, but sweats something terrible. I only ever use that in the winter when I KNOW the soap will be used before summer sets in.

BB's 'low sweat' base is lovely, too.

Thanks SilverMaple. This will probably sweet as I just picked it up at a local craft store. I'll wait a few days then before wrapping.

If you're using a cheaper soap from the craft store, do two trial bars. Wrap one right away and one a few days later and see what works best for you. Craft store soap tends to be much more sensitive to moisture than specialty bases.

Back