Silver Color

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprilprichard

Reaction score
Making a custom soap for a friend and her bathroom is black & silver! I'm a bit stumped by the silver....Has anyone ever gotten a good metallic silver color in CP soap? If so, what did you use! If not, what have you tried (so I don't repeat same thing and fail!) :)

TIA for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making Forum App....love this app!

I've never gotten a metalic silver but you can make a grey and maybe brush with some silver mica when done. Just an idean anywho. Maybe others have had better luck. I know that if I want gold/silver etc I just use mica but only on top or with a stamp.

I've never gotten a metalic silver but you can make a grey and maybe brush with some silver mica when done. Just an idean anywho. Maybe others have had better luck. I know that if I want gold/silver etc I just use mica but only on top or with a stamp.

That is exactly what I had planned!...but I thought I'd see if anyone had ever had success getting silver throughout. I've got a sparky brown from Nurture Soap Supplies that shoes up sparky when I use enough, so I thought maybe there's a sparky gray out there that someone had luck with as silver!

Thanks for the reply.

You could always try making a black soap with a sparkly silver mica pencil-line streaking through it in different places. I recently did the same kind of thing, only using sparkly gold mica in a blue soap instead, and it came out really nice.

IrishLass :)

These are all great ideas!! You are all awesome! Thank you

Back