Silly question about measurements

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momonga

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to try making a solid lotion bar. I have looked at a few recipes, and they all pretty much say something like:

1 part beeswax
1 part cocoa butter
1 part sweet almond oil

So here's the silly question: do I make the parts equal in measure by weight or by volume? :Kitten Love:

And generally, when recipes on this forum refer to "ounces", are they fluid or weight?

If I use Candelilla Wax instead of the beeswax, then what is the amount for the Candelilla Wax?

No questions are silly Momonga! I used to just use measuring spoons for my lotion bars. Using weight is muchhhhh better in my opinion. Mainly because it's hard to measure beeswax in equal amounts as oil/butter.

PS, that's my go to recipe you listed!

Liz, do you know the ratio for Candelilla Wax so I can make a Vegan Lotion Bar?

Liz, do you know the ratio for Candelilla Wax so I can make a Vegan Lotion Bar?

I haven't tried Candelilla wax before, sorry :( I would start with a small recipe with equal portions and just see how it feels to you. Like, perhaps .25 oz of equal parts, and then you will be able to make a single bar to test.

Oh, there is a recipe here, calling for less wax to butter/oil. Give that a try too! http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/2010/07/back-to-basics-lotion-bars-tweaking.html

Latest posts

Back