Shipping whipped body butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurbidBlue

Reaction score
Okay....I know that the body butter I make will not withstand high temps (many many vacations with melted butter! :p ). For those of you who sell online, how do you ship your body butters, whipped shea, etc to ensure that your customers rec it intact??

Thanks!
~Becky

I get these liners from wholesalesuppliesplus.com. You just press them on the opening of the jar and let them sit for a few hours. They've been a lifesaver for me.

I go to my local dollar store & purchase styrpfoam tortilla warmers & lunch box ice packs. I can fit 4 jars & 2 ice packs in te warmer & then the warmer fits snug in the larger flat rate priority postal boxes.

You can use larger coolers for larger qtys.

I figured this out only after I had 3 dozen jars melt when I sent them to my very 1st wholesale customer :cry: .

Thanks petals for the tip about the lids.....I will look into them. I haven't had a jar leak on me yet....but it would be good to head off any potential problems with this!

And Tabby....thanks for the info on the dollar store coolers/ice packs! I'm going to have to pop into my local dollar store this week-end and take a look!

I've been selling to family/friends fro a few years now...but I'm trying to get my etsy shop up and running....which means shipping! I've never had to ship anything to friends/family. Unless you count lugging mounds of soap, body butters, and scrubs down to my MIL and Aunt in Florida when we go visit..(and I think the nice air conditioned car had a LOT to do with the butter not melting :wink: ). I however am notorious for leaving my jar of butter in my tote and taking the tote to the pool/beach! :oops:

If the butters are whipped, they will fall like souffles if they melt. The lids will prevent leakage, but if they melt when they solidify they will have lost thei are & be a different texture all together.

Tabitha said:
If the butters are whipped, they will fall like souffles if they melt. The lids will prevent leakage, but if they melt when they solidify they will have lost thei are & be a different texture all together.

:lol: Don't I lnow it! Every year I take a jar of sun burn whip that I make down to the beach with me....and I forget and leave it in my tote. I wind up with more of a balm type product instead of the nice fluffy stuff. Still works wonderfully on my skin....but I'll never learn! :oops:

Back