Shelf Life?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selaine

Reaction score
I have found an 8 oz bottle of patchouli EO and a 4 oz bottle of Clary Sage EO. They have been in dark brown bottles, in cool dry place, and completely unopened for about 15-16 years...... Think they've gone bad?

Patchouli EO is fantastically shelf stable, and often lasts a decade or more with little drop in potency. If you find that they smell "off" or you just don't want to risk it in a body product, they'd probably still be fine in a household cleaning product.

I got the patchouli from The Scent Shack, they seem to no longer be in business, but I looked up From Nature with Love and they are still around. Maybe I'll send them an email.

I have found an 8 oz bottle of patchouli EO and a 4 oz bottle of Clary Sage EO. They have been in dark brown bottles, in cool dry place, and completely unopened for about 15-16 years...... Think they've gone bad?

If they're good quality essential oil they still ok because many in ancient tombs mostly in Egypt found oil from different spices that it's still ok.

Thank you for that link! It's great to know the oil is still good since patchouli is one of my favorites :)

Latest posts

Back