Shea Butter Shampoo Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Just cut up my latest batch of Shea Butter Shampoo Bar. I used Organic Rose Hydrosol as the water and the smell was amazing when I added the lye. I think I can smell a hint of rose in the finished product. We'll see.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow! That looks great! It looks super creamy and the tops are nice looking!

wow, that looks amazing! the perfect shampoo bar is my aim in all this, so you've given me something to work towards!

Bubbles Galore said:
ToniD said:
They are so pretty! I really like the color.

The colour is from Pink Clay Toni. :wink:

Well, then, Bubbles, would you mind giving me some instruction? It is actually on my list to make a cake with pink swirls using Rose clay as the color. I have not swirled with clay as the color yet, but when I have swirled with things other than micas or oxides, I sometimes end up with two different textures in the soap.

Would you mind sharing how you add your clay? Do you premix it with oil? How much oil?

Thanks

You should have kicked me Toni. I only just saw this while looking for a photo of one of my soaps with TD that I couldn't find. :oops:

One tablespoon clay (Australian tablespoon which is 4 teaspoons) mixed with one tablespoon of oil and then added to a few soup ladles of soap batter and I think I did an ITPS (in the pot swirl) and hoped for the best.

Bubbles Galore said:
You should have kicked me Toni. I only just saw this while looking for a photo of one of my soaps with TD that I couldn't find. :oops:

One tablespoon clay (Australian tablespoon which is 4 teaspoons) mixed with one tablespoon of oil and then added to a few soup ladles of soap batter and I think I did an ITPS (in the pot swirl) and hoped for the best.

No kicking necessary :lol: Easy to lose track of a post. Thanks for getting back to me. I actually ended up with a nice swirl of pink clay in a castile soap. It will be ready for valentines day.

Very pretty! I have found that hydrosols have more benefits as a spray for the hair and skin than they do as an aromatic. Getting a good natural rose smell in soap is freaking expensive!! Thank god for FOs :lol:

Back