• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shave set materials - looking to sell ASAP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candice19

Reaction score
I made big plans to bump up the shave set sector of my market in the last month, and along with other factors, I decided that I can't use them. I am looking to sell them IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS - if I can't sell them here, I need to return them within the 30 day mark.

Prices are listed only to recoup my losses. The only requirement is that you need to take the entire lot of each item. All items are new, and not even removed from original packaging. I spent a long time reseaching, so I'm confident these are great prices.

Shipping is additional from 11365, you're welcome to request a quote or pictures.

60 - round wooden soap dishes, Beech wood, elegantly recessed with drainage holes - $1.75 each

96 - wooden shave brushes, Boar bristle, light brown handle - $2.00 each

35 (give or take, I can confirm number when I get home) - Dark wood set that includes shave bowl, lid, and matching Boar bristle brush - $7.50 each

12 - metal chrome-look shave bowl (purchased to go with metal shave brush, below. Inquiries to purchase both will be considered first.) - $6.75 each

12 - metal chrome-look BADGER hair brush (purchased to go with metal bowl, above. Inquiries to purchase both will be considered first.) - $20 each

Thanks!

carebear said:
Where are they from? What supplier?
If you're looking to match your supplier, you can PM me your supplier and item. Listing them here would simply just cut me out and I'm really trying to sell these. But, I'm happy to disclose once they're sold.

PMming me would also be faster, as I get a notification on my phone and could answer questions much faster. Thank you!!

Anyone interested? I suppose I will consider reasonable offers as well. Thanks!

candice19 said:
carebear said:
Where are they from? What supplier?
If you're looking to match your supplier, you can PM me your supplier and item. Listing them here would simply just cut me out and I'm really trying to sell these. But, I'm happy to disclose once they're sold.

PMming me would also be faster, as I get a notification on my phone and could answer questions much faster. Thank you!!

I'm confused, then. You said you are selling to recoup losses which would, I expect, mean you are selling at the same price as the supplier. Are you selling at profit? Or are you unloading excess materials at your cost.

carebear said:
I'm confused, then. You said you are selling to recoup losses which would, I expect, mean you are selling at the same price as the supplier. Are you selling at profit? Or are you unloading excess materials at your cost.
Nearly the same cost as supplier - it's basically the supplier's price plus the shipping it cost to get it to me. Beyond that, no profit.

I meant "match your supplier" not in terms of cost, but actual item.

sidedoorsoaps said:
Do you have pictures? The supplier also could be an important piece of information for those of us who like to know where our stuff originates from.
I'll post pictures tonight when I'm home.

OK, so if I were to purchase, I'd be paying both the supplier's shipping to you, then your shipping to me. Just want to be clear on all this it sounds like it makes much more sense to purchase directly from a supplier. But maybe I'm missing something important.

carebear said:
OK, so if I were to purchase, I'd be paying both the supplier's shipping to you, then your shipping to me. Just want to be clear on all this it sounds like it makes much more sense to purchase directly from a supplier. But maybe I'm missing something important.
There was nothing to be missed. I did say that "Prices are listed only to recoup my losses." I also said I would hear offers.

I've never posted pictures before, and I can't figure out the imageshack thing. You can copy and paste the link into a different brower and click on the picture for a larger version. Thanks!

content_round.php

content_round.php

60 - round wooden soap dishes, Beech wood, elegantly recessed with drainage holes - $1.75 each (each one is individually wrapped, I didn't want to take it out of the plastic)

content_round.php

12 - metal chrome-look shave bowl (purchased to go with metal shave brush, below. Inquiries to purchase both will be considered first.) - $6.75 each
12 - metal chrome-look BADGER hair brush (purchased to go with metal bowl, above. Inquiries to purchase both will be considered first.) - $20 each

il_fullxfull.252610955.jpg

35 (give or take, I can confirm number when I get home) - Dark wood set that includes shave bowl, lid, and matching Boar bristle brush - $7.50 each [/img]

It would be important for me to know where they came from so I could see if I could get more in the future. 35 of something is of no real use if I can't buy them againt (to maintain a consistant product line) from a reputable supplier.

candice19 said:
I've never posted pictures before, and I can't figure out the imageshack thing. You can copy and paste the link into a different brower and click on the picture for a larger version. Thanks!

http://img810.imageshack.us/content_rou ... 00612z.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/content_roun ... 0615ew.jpg
60 - round wooden soap dishes, Beech wood, elegantly recessed with drainage holes - $1.75 each (each one is individually wrapped, I didn't want to take it out of the plastic)

http://img814.imageshack.us/content_rou ... 00622j.jpg

http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.252610955.jpg
35 (give or take, I can confirm number when I get home) - Dark wood set that includes shave bowl, lid, and matching Boar bristle brush - $7.50 each

Krissy, thanks for your help with the image links!

SideDoorSoaps said:
Thanks for the pics. Nice looking stuff. Could you by chance give the inside measurements of the bowls?

If one were to buy these item from you, would you release the supplier then?
Sorry for the bits and pieces of info, I post from work and home. I know definitely the bowls will accommodate a 3" diameter soap. The metal bowl is a bit more snug, and the wood bowl maybe more like 3 1/4" inch in diameter. The wood bowl height is recommended at 7/8" so it doesn't touch the lid, and metal bowl is taller.

And regarding the supplier - absolutely, yes! :)

Latest posts

Back