shampoo bar recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayjay23

Reaction score
I'm new in soap making, so I got a question...
I was wondering if I could make a shampoo bar from 10 grams of olive oil (0.34 oz), and that much sunflower oil, and maybe 0,17 oz of castor oil, and some essential oils,maybe mix in some smashed fruits....?

I don't really have much oil to use, to be honest, I'm not really in a great finacial situation (from Croatia), so could I make it with what I just wrote down?

Hi and welcome!

I don't recommnd making such a small quantity. The potential for measurement errors is just too great. The minimum recipe size I'd use would be 500 grams of oils.

Shampoo bars are tricky to formulate. You might want to start with some basic recipes first to get your technique down. This will be more cost effective in the long run.

Hi and welcome!

I don't recommnd making such a small quantity. The potential for measurement errors is just too great. The minimum recipe size I'd use would be 500 grams of oils.

Shampoo bars are tricky to formulate. You might want to start with some basic recipes first to get your technique down. This will be more cost effective in the long run.

thank you :)))
500 grams? wow...that's a lot lol...oils are pretty expensive here so that's why that's a problem for me...
I thought to use maybe 100 grams :/ I know I may sound cheap but really, I can't afford to use up that much oild right now ...so are you saying the shampoo bar wouldn't come out good or that it MIGHT not work? sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to learn :)

If you are going to experiment making single bars you are going to need a very accurate scale that measure 0.1 grams and then do your recipe in grams. It might be a really good idea to get the book Scientific Soapmaking (http://www.cavemanchemistry.com/scisoap.html). He teaches you how to make single bar recipes.

hey there :)

but look here, I added my measurements into this Lye calculator and it actually gave me results ...take a look please :)

plus I would add 100 milileters of coconut oil ( I think that's 3 oz)

?pjhgu.jpg

Last edited:
Back