Shampoo bar questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapAddict415

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I searched the forum but I didn't really see what I'm looking for. I really like the idea of making my own shampoo so I'd like to try making a shampoo bar again but because my hair doesn't really seem to like CP shampoo bars (ACV rinses don't help), I'm wondering if adding a few syndet bar ingredients (specifically BTMS, hydrolyzed proteins & pantenol (? Vitamin B) for conditioning), would help. I'm also wondering if they can be added to a CP recipe and if so, at what stage (with the lye water, the oils or at trace). As always, TIA for your advice, comments & suggestions.

I think, as far as I actually think, that is, that the problem is less the additives and more the pH of the bar itself. That won't change appreciably from what you're suggesting, and if you changed it enough the bar would fall apart into a big fatty mess.

The consensus so far seems to be that CP shampoo bars work for some people, not for others, and there's no changing that.

^^^ as above, just make a syndet bar. If you damage your hair from the high ph of soap you cannot fix it. It can use lots of conditioners that are just band aids. By making your own syndet bars you can pick and choose your surfacants and not use SLS. I use SCI which is also known as Baby Foam

Back