sending soap in the mail

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christellita

Reaction score
How do you guys send soaps in the mail? Boxes? Bubbled envelopes? Do you put more than one scent together? I'm trying to find the most economical way that makes sense....thanks!

i use the bubble wrap envelopes. the ones that has the lining of bubblewrap? and then also I roll it in tissue paper when sending it priority

I wrap my soaps in ziplock bags. Each different soap in a separate bag. And then send them in the padded envolopes or if not padded then wrap in bubble wrap in a flat rate box or envolope. Also don't forget to send a sample in your order becauce everyone likes something free even of it is just a small sample of bath salts or a small slice of soap. I also include one of my business cards with a Thank you note on the back as a personal touch!

As for the pricing I figure out how much I spend on the materials for my 2 pound batch and then figure out how much it costs me per ounce and then multiply that by 5 and it usally does come out to be (amazingly) around one dollar per ounce to charge the customer. Also don't forget to weigh out your soap with the packing, sample, invoice and label and figure out how much it will cost you to ship out so you know what to charge for shipping per bar. And don't forget the cost of the envelopes, but I usally try to use the ones I have received stuff in the mail. Remember RECYCLE!

This is just me and by no way probably the correct way but it works for me!

Hope this helps and can't wait to see other peoples ways of doing things!
Gregory

I dont think its such a wise idea to price a shipping per bar of soap. Its best to charge shipping according to the weight of the entire package. Your math may be off and you could get less for shipping than you need or may charge your customers too much.

Latest posts

Back