sediment in orange EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

see

Reaction score
Ive got some whitish sediment in the orange eo bottle. It came in a brown plastic bottle and i trasferred it to a clear glass bottle w/ sealing lid. Its been on the floor (cool terrazzo) in a brown bag w/ it covered from light.

all the others around are fine. I left the orange in the brown bottle last time so i would not have noticed if there was sediment. I shook the bottle and some of it seemed to reconstitute, but there was definitely some bigger particles left on the bottom. ive had it a 2+ months.

Normal or going bad. i just made 40+ bars w/ it this wk and didnt notice. :(

thanks

hmmm, the fact that you got it in a plastic bottle is a red flag to me...

I'm wondering if perhaps the white sediment could be some pulp/peel, since Orange EO is cold pressed....?

it came from camden grey. ive bought lots of eo from them b/f w/ no problem. they send anything over 4oz in plastic bottles and tell you to switch them out to glass w/ in a few days of receiving.

i dont know. i moved everything into a a.c. room (its already 84 here) the other day, and it seems like theres not as much stuff on the bottom since i shook it but its definitely still there to some degree.

no one ever had any sediment before???

thanks

see said:
it came from camden grey. ive bought lots of eo from them b/f w/ no problem. they send anything over 4oz in plastic bottles and tell you to switch them out to glass w/ in a few days of receiving.

i dont know. i moved everything into a a.c. room (its already 84 here) the other day, and it seems like theres not as much stuff on the bottom since i shook it but its definitely still there to some degree.

no one ever had any sediment before???

thanks

All citruses can have sediments (due to the method of extraction) - you probably got 'the bottom of the barrel'

Latest posts

Back