Seaweed Powder in Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganiggle

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has used seaweed powder in soap, and if you would recommend it. It looks like it has good qualities on the skin, but i'm not sure if it would work in a soap or not.

I am with artisan on the stink factor of seaweed / kelp , I was going to try it until I opened the container and smelled it :D It smells like dulse :(

Kitn

I used kelp powder in one of my soaps. It was a spa bar & I wanted it to have an oceony smell, but I used so little I don't know if it really worked for that. It does eventually turn dark in your soap, though.

Kitn said:
I am with artisan on the stink factor of seaweed / kelp , I was going to try it until I opened the container and smelled it :D It smells like dulse :(

Kitn

I actually really realy like the smell of dulse! I think i might experiment with it and see if I like the smell or not :)

I use kelp powder in my seashore soap, but not much. I use it with Cyb's Seashore FO (from Brambleberry)and I add about 1 teaspoon of kelp powder for the whole 8lb batch. It does add a bit of beachy scent at that amount, and it really compliments the FO. I use ultramarine blue with a tad of green oxide mixed in and it gives me a real nice aqua color. The bits of kelp show up a little and it just looks real beachy, almost like sand, but not scratchy.

Latest posts

Back