Season Change Soon!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not sure what Cracklin Birch smells like, but it sounds good. I just made pumpkin soap for the first time the other day and ordered my first ever red mica in anticipation of Christmas. But it’s still hot as anything here in Virginia USA.

It may still be hot as blazes here in Virginia, as Mobjack said, but the geese have been flying over all this week settling in the fields in the evenings; fall is on its way. I'm thinking of pulling out the spicy heavier scents and start making those in September after I finish up the last few of my spring/summer scents the rest of this month.

Great to hear from you all but I guess what I meant by "what do YOU think" was your opinion on Cracklin Birch mixed with Juniper. I learned about Cracklin Birch on this forum so there has to be those who could critique that.

I've blended Cracklin Birch with Apple FO, and that was nice. I've never used juniper, but I just mixed a small amount of Cracklin Birch lotion with some fir needle lotion and it's nice! It brings out the spicy notes of the Birch; the cinnamon is more prominent. Maybe the juniper would have the same effect.

Last edited:
Im already starting fall and winter soaps. I did cranberry woods last week and Im doing a leaves scent this week. I also ordered all my winter scents like Cocoa and Cashmere

Back