Screwed up shower gel!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytreats

Reaction score
I bought a premade base of shower gel, I want to make Christmas gifts! So anyways, I got so excited to put them in bottles and decorate them, that I misread the directions and added WAAAAAAY too much fragrance. I was supposed to use 0.5% of FO, but instead I used 5%! That's kinda lots, lol. So now I have this mess of product that's too runny and somewhat separates. I think I can use it for myself, but there's A LOT that's leftover.

Im wondering if there's anyway I can use this mess up for something else? Like combine it with something and make it into a sugar scrub or something? Or would it be risky to even sell it? IM STUCK.

Definitely too risky to sell it, at 10 times the strength it's intended to be. You could buy more shower gel base and add it, but that's a lot of shower gel. Hopefully someone with shower gel experience will chime in.

You could also make foaming sugar and salt scrubs by adding a little of this overscented shower gel. You might also try making bath bombs and adding some of the mixture to them. The other option is to use this as a gentle laundry detergent. You will have highly scented laundry.

gah, so I thought id share the update on how the shower gel looks today. it's completely separated and looks like water and oil. I don't think this can be salvaged! note to self: read more carefully!

Latest posts

Back