Scent for oatmeal soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use OMH,FO and add oatmeal.

If you want an EO especially I think any citrus goes well with oatmeal - sweet orange, lemon, clementine.

Relle9 said:

If you want an EO especially I think any citrus goes well with oatmeal - sweet orange, lemon, clementine.

Where do you get your OMH FO? I've tried 2 different ones. The first one I didn't care for in soap. The second one was better but I still would like to try different ones.

Hazel said:
Relle9 said:

Where do you get your OMH FO? I've tried 2 different ones. The first one I didn't care for in soap. The second one was better but I still would like to try different ones.

The Soap Scent Review Board seems to like BB's OMH the best...I have some on the way right now. I'll let you know how I like it, and how it behaves :)

Hazel I buy mine from Natural Candle Supplies here in Sydney Australia. Not sure where they send to other than New Zealand.

miggymoo -

I don't know how well bergamot would last in CP since citrus EOs usually fade. Also, a lot of EOs don't hold up well in CP.

I just realized I made the assumption you're making a CP batch. Is this correct?

Relle9 said:
Hazel I buy mine from Natural Candle Supplies here in Sydney Australia. Not sure where they send to other than New Zealand.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about the OMH scent and it hit me maybe I don't like them just because I don't like the scent. I've been thinking about trying Oatmeal Stout from BB. I've heard good things about it and I thought I'd make another beer batch and add oatmeal to it. Of course, this will have to wait awhile because I just ordered 6 FOs from Moonworks. Yes, I am weak willed. :oops:

Hazel, I think we're all addicted to FO's. To many to pick from and try.

i make my Oatmeal soap with Almond Milk and Honey FO and i can't keep it in stock. it's my best seller now. even better than BRV which was the best seller for years.

Relle9 said:
Hazel, I think we're all addicted to FO's. To many to pick from and try.

I keep telling myself not to buy more and to use up what I have on hand. :roll: But these scents sounded sooo good, they're inexpensive and the shipping is very reasonable.

Sorry miggymoo - I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Latest posts

Back