Natural scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinigreco

Reaction score
I'm in a village where we cannot get fragrances or essential oils. Do you have any experience with making natural scent in the soap (and succeeding)?

Good question! You can DIY Essential Oils from plants but it is labor intensive and requires massive amounts of botanicals to make enough fragrance to scent soap. Check YouTube for more info,

The only thing I can remember making, years ago, was an HP soap made with condensed milk. It carmelized and the soap smelled delicious. If you have access to vanilla beans, I think there may be a way to fragrance your batch by infusing them in oil, similar to the technique for making Carrot Tissue Oil. Not sure. :smallshrug:

You would need to be able to distill or extract fragrances - you can steam distill things like rosemary or lavender using a still setup - however you would't be able to sell this soap as you could not be certain of the purity pof the essential oils you produce. - be careful too as essential oils have allergens and should be handled carefully.

Latest posts

Back