Scent for Hemp Soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

gsc

Reaction score
I would like recommendations for a fragrance oil that would compliment a hemp soap recipe I just formulated.

Thanks everyone

Seawolfe

Reaction score
If the soap is a bit green, I was going to say maybe patch and citrus to add a bit of "green" to the scent - or patch and lemongrass?

Soapsavvy

Reaction score
Any combination of these would probably work. I seem to associate scents with colors, so these came to mind.

Bergamot, Black Pepper, Jasmine, Lemongrass, Lime, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Carrot Seed.

cgsample

Reaction score
Where can a true cannabis scent be found? The last one I bought smelled like Hai Karate cologne from the sixties. Looking for a true "nose in the baggie" scent.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sage kind of has that note I think. Blended with patchouli it could give you that 60s-70s 'nose in the baggie' era feel.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peak Candle Supply has a cannabis scent that smells like the real deal. It's called Mary Jane. I blend it with patch or nag champa and also chocolate for that "magic brownie" scent, lol. I use these blends just with my hemp oil recipe and all the people that like that type of scent love them!

HoneyLady

Reaction score
Republic of Texas Email: kellyross7867@gmail.com
Somebody write to Steve Miller!

"I'm a joker / I'm a soaper / I'm a midnight toker . . ." :mrgreen:

Or maybe not.

NG makes a cannabis rose scent, but I have not smelled it. I'm thinking patchouli, sandalwood, maybe some frankincense or myrrh? Wood smoke? Several FO companies make oils for hunter's soaps -- fresh earth, or something to that effect. Depends on how dainty or not you want to be.

~HL~

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've used the Cannabis Flower from NG. Some folks thought it smelled like it, others did not.

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Soapalooza's Wicked Ganja definitely brings back memories. But I'd blend it with something so you don't walk around smelling like a stoner!

cgsample

Reaction score
Where can a true cannabis scent be found? The last one I bought smelled like Hai Karate cologne from the sixties. Looking for a true "nose in the baggie" scent.
Couldn't get an email response when I asked the vendors this question, so I went ahead and bought "Marijuana" from Indigo Fragrance.

Should have been named "Reek". It does smell like the marijuana smoke smell in clothing. Like, "Dude, you reek!"

What I want is the un-burnt bud smell.

Latest posts