Scent for Hemp Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
I would like recommendations for a fragrance oil that would compliment a hemp soap recipe I just formulated.

Thanks everyone

If the soap is a bit green, I was going to say maybe patch and citrus to add a bit of "green" to the scent - or patch and lemongrass?

Any combination of these would probably work. I seem to associate scents with colors, so these came to mind.

Bergamot, Black Pepper, Jasmine, Lemongrass, Lime, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Carrot Seed.

Where can a true cannabis scent be found? The last one I bought smelled like Hai Karate cologne from the sixties. Looking for a true "nose in the baggie" scent.

Peak Candle Supply has a cannabis scent that smells like the real deal. It's called Mary Jane. I blend it with patch or nag champa and also chocolate for that "magic brownie" scent, lol. I use these blends just with my hemp oil recipe and all the people that like that type of scent love them!

Somebody write to Steve Miller!

"I'm a joker / I'm a soaper / I'm a midnight toker . . ." :mrgreen:

Or maybe not.

NG makes a cannabis rose scent, but I have not smelled it. I'm thinking patchouli, sandalwood, maybe some frankincense or myrrh? Wood smoke? Several FO companies make oils for hunter's soaps -- fresh earth, or something to that effect. Depends on how dainty or not you want to be.

~HL~

Where can a true cannabis scent be found? The last one I bought smelled like Hai Karate cologne from the sixties. Looking for a true "nose in the baggie" scent.

Couldn't get an email response when I asked the vendors this question, so I went ahead and bought "Marijuana" from Indigo Fragrance.

Should have been named "Reek". It does smell like the marijuana smoke smell in clothing. Like, "Dude, you reek!"

What I want is the un-burnt bud smell.

Latest posts

Back