Sampler Boxes??? Do you participate in those?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsBrazier

Reaction score
I have a shop and am often asked to participate in those sampler boxes. You know the ones where people purchase them for $20 bucks and it's full of various samples.
I have participated and have not gotten any business from them. I am at the point where I'm wondering if this is just a big waste of time and materials. Does anyone else participate and does it improve your sales?

Do they buy your samples from you or ask for them for free?
There is another forum where this has been discussed before, there is one lady in particular is just looking to get free items sent to her.
I would air on the side of caution.

Thank you so much. They are asking for free samples in exchange for exposure. I was excited at first, but now I don't think I will be participating anymore because they are making a huge profit off the work of others and this gets expensive for me. Thank you again :)

The problem with these sampler box requests is that many of them are fake. Just people trying to get free product. Of those companies that are legit there are very, very few of them. From all that I have read and heard about them from others on different forums is that they have produced limited sales if any at all.

I look at it this way-- if they worked they would not have to contact you to ask for free product. They would be overwhelmed with people trying to give them their products for the sampler kits knowing they would help their business. Obviously that isn't happening.

The only ones who profit from them are the ones organizing them. They are out zero dollars--you send them free products and they have people who pay them money, including the cost of shipping for sending it to them.

If you're thinking about participating, ask some questions, such as:

Are you licensed to do business in your state?
Can you fax a copy of your license to me?
How many years have you been providing the sample service?
How many customers participate on a monthly basis?
Do you have references from satisfied customers (meaning the folks who supply her with the free goodies)?

Latest posts

Back