Same synthetic oil soluble colors can be sed in candles and CP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rics

Reaction score
Can one use same oil soluble colors for candles and cold process soaps. The guy in the place I bought my candle colors, told me they the same colors can be used in soaps too. Also same aromatic fragrance oils can be used in soaps. Do you agree? Or they may be irritating to skin? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad us

I would not use any fragrance oil or colorant in soap without directions from the manufacturer.
I don't know of any skin safe candle dyes.

Thanks for the reply Dagmar. I am very confused as the colour box packet label too says:

"For colouring all kinda if wax petroleum products, oils, perfumes, plastics, soaps, nail polish etc."

I am confused if I can really use these candle colors to color my soap. Just want to be sure if the same color can actually be used on skin too, through soaps. Has anyone done this before?

Sent from my iPad us

Are the ingredients listed? What are they?
I would say most likely they aren't okay. You want cosmetic colors for soap. FD&C or D&C dyes, ultramarines, oxides, cosmetic clays, or cosmetic grade micas.

Some of the candle dyes have been reformulated to be skin safe. If this is a trusted supplier that says it is skin safe I would believe them.

Back