Salt Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Ali said, one is a salt bar, the other is a brine soap.

That's not to say that one is better than the other, but they aren't the same. It's like saying "if you don't like barbecue chicken, you can just cook it in a stew instead" - both are chicken, but that doesn't mean that they are the same thing. Not that one is always better, just different, and some people will prefer one over the other.

I use salt at 80% of my oil weight when I make a salt bar and there is no chance of being able to use that much dissolved salt unless I use far too much water for the soap to be viable
I understand that :) my point was just that if she does not like the actual feeling of the salt grains ( I think she mentioned that?), dissolving them would be an alternative. That’s all I’m saying. Have a great Sunday guys :))

I order my salts from San Francisco Saltworks too. I also make an activated charcoal facial salt bar with Dead Sea mud, extra activated charcoal, goat milk, CO, Avocado, Castor oils, scented with tea tree, lavender, and just a little peppermint. My best batches were when I let a 10-pound bag of Hawaiian black salt harden into a rock and then finely grated it so it's really fine-grained.
You really should never gind or grate salt, it sharpens the grains. Also, save your money on Hawaiian black salt it is just Pacific Seal salt with infused Activated charcoal. This is not to be mixed up with the Black Hawaiian Sand which is natural (lava).

Latest posts

Back