Salt Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to bring up the ocean. Some are set off by the thought of heavy salt. They forget that our blood and the ocean are both heavily salty. They forget swimming in the ocean.

I haven't made up my mind about my own salt bars, but they are certainly not bad.

I'm at a point where I don't care if I never use an unsalted bar of soap again. Have tried several recipes and settled on one that is very simple but comes out sophisticated. Kind of like making cream puffs -- everybody is so taken with the results that you hate to admit how simple the ingredients are!

I am so sorry that your soap didn't turn out for you, especially as you used the recipe I sent you in a swap. Mine turned out so well, as you know.

Please don't despair, and keep trying. Sometimes it's due to the temps you use.

You can add salt to almost any soap recipe, you know?

I tried salt bars a while ago (just plain white, no scent or color) and mine crumbled a bit on the edges. I think I waited to long to cut them. But now I"m totally excited to try crumbling them into another batch! What a great idea!!!

IrishLass said:
http://members.cox.net/ssfkjfalf/AllMySoap/Start.htm

I also used the salt bar flakes in the soap in picture #3, as well as in the soap in the very last picture on the bottom. I'm a stickler for not letting a batch go to waste if I can help it. The soaps I threw the salt bar gratings in felt great, by the way.

IrishLass

I just finished scrolling through all your pictures and they are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the idea you had of using french fry bags!! Too cool!

Does adding crumble bits to a batch make the new batch more likely to crumble too? Sorry for the dumb question, but it almost seem like to me some how the crumbs would weaken the structure somehow :?

GrumpyOldWoman said:
Does adding crumble bits to a batch make the new batch more likely to crumble too? Sorry for the dumb question, but it almost seem like to me some how the crumbs would weaken the structure somehow :?

No such thing as a dumb question. :) Mine didn't crumble at all, but then again, I only used about 25% ground-up salt bar flakes per new batch because I was trying to achieve a certain look in my soap.

IrishLass

No such thing as a dumb question. Mine didn't crumble at all, but then again, I only used about 25% ground-up salt bar flakes per new batch because I was trying to achieve a certain look in my soap.

Thanks for the quick respond!!
And the clarification :) :)

Latest posts

Back