Sale at Candle Science .99 for 1 oz

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a chance today to soap with the oakmoss and amber oil I bought. It smells wonderful, and I had no problems at all. It reminds me of a warm, unisex spa scent. I took a stab at making a salt bar with it. So far, so good on the scent and the salt bar (first time for both).

I cant stand the smell of Mango and Tangerine OOB. Got to make up my mind if I will even try it.
I soaped with Fig Tree. Very nice scent. Very clean smell with a green top note. Behaved very well and no D.

Soaped with Pomgranete and it soap well. I soap cool so it didnt A. It has discolored slight tan so far.

I like the Oakmoss and Amber OOB but it doesn't knock my socks off. I may feel different if I soap it

I took Cotton Tree an blended with Wild Currant Sandlewood from NG and it smells really good. No D or A

Julie- I haven't yet made up my mind about Montego Bay (and it was soaped over 1 month ago). It's an unusual scent with a lot of cedar to my nose. It needs to be blended with something to make it great. I love, love, love the Bay Rum from BB, but it's not strong enough. Maybe I should mix the two.

Love Oakmoss and Amber in lotion and soap. Egyptian Amber was really light in the soap by itself. Fig Tree is nice OOB, but haven't had a chance to soap it yet.

I cant stand the smell of Mango and Tangerine OOB. Got to make up my mind if I will even try it.
I soaped with Fig Tree. Very nice scent. Very clean smell with a green top note. Behaved very well and no D.

Soaped with Pomgranete and it soap well. I soap cool so it didnt A. It has discolored slight tan so far.

I like the Oakmoss and Amber OOB but it doesn't knock my socks off. I may feel different if I soap it

I took Cotton Tree an blended with Wild Currant Sandlewood from NG and it smells really good. No D or A

What is D and A?

I am sooo upset. My order was "delivered" to my front porch yesterday... so where the heck is it? I searched for it and it's not to be found!! UGH! :-x UPS you are on my list now!

I am sooo upset. My order was "delivered" to my front porch yesterday... so where the heck is it? I searched for it and it's not to be found!! UGH! :-x UPS you are on my list now!

That sounds like my apartment and FedEx... I live in an apartment building and the FedEx delivery guy decided to deliver my first package from BB in front of the building on the steps! If they left it in front of my door I wouldn't have minded so much, but they gave me no indication that they had been there and just left it for anyone to pick up. I only knew that it had arrived because one of my neighbors told me.

I hope that you find your package! I would definitely call UPS and ask them about it.

So I have used all of the ones I purchased. Most were okay that I got. Very vanilla was plasticy smelling to me, day at the spa and black raspberry vanilla smell great in soap, but turned brown. Chardonnay accelerated on me, but smells great. Basil and herb soaped well, but its a bit too peppery scented for me personally.

So I have used all of the ones I purchased. Most were okay that I got. Very vanilla was plasticy smelling to me, day at the spa and black raspberry vanilla smell great in soap, but turned brown. Chardonnay accelerated on me, but smells great. Basil and herb soaped well, but its a bit too peppery scented for me personally.

Maybe that is why my batch discolored... the black raspberry vanilla. I thought it was just me! Thank you for sharing!

Well, there are lots of Black Raspberry Vanillas available here that don't discolor or only do a slight discoloring, usually don't do very dark because few of them have more than just a titch of vanilla. CS's is super strong and tart, I love it, so I will definitely use some vanilla stabilizer in it.

Ng's BRV doesn't discolor at all. Smells great at six weeks. Peaks BRV also didn't discolor. Easy to soap and lasted.

Yes I use BRV from NG and no discoloration.
I made some Cranberry Marmalade from CS. Forgot I had it. Wow is smells yummy in soap. Good enough to eat. I am going to try a few more of the CS ones I haven't tried yet next week. Will give a follow up. I did make Rice Flower and shea and it did Accelerate a bit. I didn have time to make my soap as pretty as I wanted to. I love the smell though.

Latest posts

Back