Sad day for soaping!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TeresaT, I was a knitter too. An obsessive knitter. So much so that I gave myself a repetitive stress injury. I didn't think anything could consume me like planning a pattern, choosing the wool, creating a soft cozy something from a ball of yarn. Then I found soap! I am spending way too much time watching videos and ogling pretty soap and learning, learning, learning. A new obsession!

Oh. My. Gosh. I thought I was the only one in the world with a repetitive stress injury from knitting! I've had one surgery and lots of physical therapy. Now I hardly knit any more. Maybe 4 hrs a month, instead of 6 hrs a day. I have ton of projects to do and refuse to stop buying wool. I will magically heal one day! :lol:

I'm not sure I'd put soap on aluminum foil either. If the soap is fully saponified, the lye won't be a problem, but I'm leery of any metals coming in contact with my soap. Metals can accelerate the onset of DOS (rancidity).

Back