RTCP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlotteda

Reaction score
What are the benefits of room temperature cold process. I still need to work on consistency... I've been getting variations in the degree of gel from batch to batch and I hate that. Although, I am careful to get the temps of the lye solution and oil close... I think I may be not "combining" at the same temp always.

charlotte

My rtcp soap never wants to gel-have to force it.
I use heat bags,towels,& put my soap to bed in an old esky for insulation.
So I suppose,in that regard I have consistency. :wink:

ETA: I love rtcp.(I do the melt oils,mix lye,let cool to room temp method)
No stuffing about heating this cooling that to get to the same temp-PITB!!
I soap when I get to it,get loads of time to play with colours,swirls etc & know that if I want gel I have to force it-no waiting&wondering.Some batches I watch like a hawk,due to milk or sugars content,but usually its set&forget,back in 2hrs. :)

i soap at room temp. or close to it, low 80's, but i don't gel. i put mold into fridge for 18-24 hours and then cut as usual. my soap is a little bit more opaque then gelled soap but at least i know the entire mold will finish the same. when i was insulating sometimes parts of the mold would gel and not other parts, this way the entire mold doesn't gel and the whole thing looks uniform.

Yes,,, renaissancemom
I end up with partial gells and I HATE that look. Most of my soap is goatmilk that I dont gell... usually put it in frig but I've had some inconsistency I think due to the temp I've been combining at... the middle must start to gel before the batch cools down enough !

all of the above - love having the flexibility of soaping when i want, not watching temperatures, no thermometers, not worrying about gel, although i notice that i don't have to put anything in the fridge/freezer to prevent gel, but it could because of my mould.

Latest posts

Back