Rosin in CP bars?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellopitty

Reaction score
Hi all!

I was wondering if the SAP rate for Rosin is some sort of national secret..... I like it (so far) in liquid soaps, but I am wondering if it can or can't be used in CP bars as well?

Anyone know where I could find info? I searched the forum and only found a couple of mentions..

Thanks!

I can't help you with the SAP value of Rosin, but I would love to hear your thoughts on use in soap. My grandmother used to use it when she made soap 60 years ago, but I've not found much on the subject the couple times I went out searching online. When we talk about soap, she keeps asking me if I've tried Rosin, and also alum in my soap.

I made a liquid recipe that is in Catherine Failors "Making Natural Liquid Soaps" which turned out great!

I love the fragrance and the color of the Rosin, but I have not figured out how to use it in bars yet.......

wouldnt you just add it as an additive? or are you using it like one of your oils? it seems like it would be too hard to melt and use as an oil.

are you grinding it into a powder or infusing it in an oil?

In the book it is melted in a bit of one of the other oils and used as an oil.... Not sure how it would work in a CP bar though....

i have ground up dragon's blood resin very finely then used it in my soap, but i let it infuse in my oils for a few days first. i didnt add any lye for the resin, i just used it as an additive

Latest posts

Back