Rootbeer Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikajess

Reaction score
My brother requested rootbeer scented soap for Christmas. At first that sounded crazy to me, but then I found some rootbeer FO. It smells great!

The bottom is colored with cocoa. I didn't scent the lighter color to avoid possible discoloration. I blended the light color A LOT to make a frosting-like consistancy. I wanted to really texturize that top and make it all frothy looking. It just plopped into the dark part like scoops of ice cream. Unintentionally, it is kind of reminiscent of a rootbeer float. I think my brother will love it!

root1.jpg
root2.jpg

The outside edges stayed light brown, the color it was when I poured it. I think that happened because of the mineral oil I used to lube the silicone mold. The mineral oil worked miracles, and this loaf slid out easily.

LOVE!!!!!

My son is a root beer fiend. He'd go nuts over this.

Have you ever had homemade root beer? My boss made it for a work BBQ we had over the summer and it tasted and smelled amazing.

I want to make this RIGHT NOW.

Loving your work as always. The tops really do look like ice-cream. I want a coke float now (no idea what root beer tastes like or smells like). I think your brother will be a happy camper.

LOVE!!!!!

My son is a root beer fiend. He'd go nuts over this.

Have you ever had homemade root beer? My boss made it for a work BBQ we had over the summer and it tasted and smelled amazing.

I want to make this RIGHT NOW.

Homemade rootbeer sounds like something I must try and soon!!! Yummy!

Loving your work as always. The tops really do look like ice-cream. I want a coke float now (no idea what root beer tastes like or smells like). I think your brother will be a happy camper.

Thanks!

Rootbeer kind of smells like black licorice or anise in a way, but a sweeter version. It's flavor is based off sassafras. It's one of my favorite drinks, especially when it is served in a big frosty glass mug. Oh, yeah.

beautiful!!! those soaps must smell WONDERFUL! I haven't had rootbeer in a long time, but this is giving me a craving!

fantastic soaps jess! i really like how the white park kinda sunk into the brown in a 'whatever' manner. really does makes me think of a rootbeer float, so you did an awesome job me thinks.

if you bro doesnt like it, give him a good spank..

That is awesome! I know your brother will love it!

Who makes a root beer FO?

Thank you!

I got mine from Bittercreek. I had to use a whole ounce in 1 lb of soap to get a decent scent, though. I added half an ounce at first, but I couldn't smell it in the soap mixture at all, so I dumped in the other half. Very glad I did.

Latest posts

Back