Quantcast

Rimmed Soaps.

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been drooling over those soaps in my Facebook feed. Thank you for sharing the link.

Faith-thank you for sharing the tutorial. Those are gorgeous!

Obsidian

Reaction score
Thank you, I was wondering how that was done. My MIL would love a pretty rimmed soap.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
What a great tutorial!
<eyeballs her stash of home-made M&P>

navigator9

Reaction score
Thank you so much for that link. I was planning on making a slicer at some point when I have time, but I'll definitely try this first, because the results look really good!

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I saw those on my Facebook feed too. Beautiful. Too much work for me.

ngian

Reaction score
Well Faith made a trend with this tutorial. I am taking part in a competition at a Greek fb page and I have one month to show my rimmed soap.

So far I have done all the math based on a pringles box and created a mold made of cardboard that will fit the rim and this weekend I'll try to make the soap rim.

PinkCupcake

Reaction score
Wow! The finished soaps look like they would be so much more complicated to make. But I think I could do that!

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

ngian

Reaction score
A public post from a blog needs a permission to just forward it to a forum?

If that is true, then every single post at the "Browsing soap pics" should have permission also from their source...

Last edited:

Punkin2x74

Reaction score
It's a tutorial posted on a public domain that is open for viewing and shares. And I didn't claim to create or produce this blog so by DMCA its okay to post.

CTAnton

Reaction score
I love this concept but I do have a question as to the "inside manipulation" of the rim component of the soap to achieve a nice sealed rim. Is this achieved with fingers or something like a tongue depressor is where my mind is going...

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted the tutorial on my blog to share how I do this technique (there is more than one way too) - since it is a public blog, I have no problem with it being posted here. So, no worries.
Thanks for the tutorial! It's a technique that's on my bucket list. Your written instructions give me some hope I'll be able to do it. :D

Punkin2x74

Reaction score
Thank you for being so kind to take the time and create this tutorial Faith. You have got some mad skills! I hope I can create one of these one day. I'm 9mo. Old so I need a little more time and experience. Again thanks for your efforts!

ngian

Reaction score
Faith it's you that many soap-makers around the world are trying to make this kind of soap.

A very nice idea and a good tutorial you wrote gave inspiration and a motivation to soap even more.

If can I get little general information so as for me to also achieve this kind of soap I would be greatfull.

Can you advice us about how many soft oils should be used for the rim (sat | unsat ratio) and how much water (middle or full) does it make the soap elastic in order not to crack while winding it around the cylinder?

Thank you in advance, Nikos